Scallop Carpaccio is a dish made from thinly-sliced fresh scallops served with a savoury sauce. This is paired with the complex flavour of Sevruga Caviar which produces a delicate aroma and smooth texture to the dish.
- Slice the scallops carefully into 2mm thick circles.
- Place them gently on a plate.
- Blanch the beans for a few minutes, strain and transfer into ice cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Remove the skins and cut them in half. Sautee the beans in oil along with the sliced mushrooms and half of the garlic, shallots and parsley.
- Add the wine and allow the alcohol to evaporate.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
Pink pepper dressing
- Crush the pink pepper.
- Thinly slice the rest of the garlic, shallots and parsley.
- Mix all the ingredients in oil and leave for 30 seconds.
In the plate
- Drizzle the dressing on top of the scallops with the broad beans and caviar.
- Place the shitake mix in the centre with the herbs and a little pink pepper dressing and lemon zest. Garnish with the Dalat flower.
- Finish with a sprinkle of pink salt.
You can enjoy the dish and other creations by Chef Latorraca at Angelina – Italian Restaurant & Lounge, in the Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi, 15 Ngo Quyen St, Ha Noi.
Ingredients: for 1 person
- Hokkaido scallops: 2 pieces
- Sevruga caviar: 10g
- Pink pepper: 10g
- Shitake mushrooms: 15 pieces
- Dalat flower: 1 piece
- Garlic: 10g
- Shallot: 10g
- Extra virgin oil: 10cl
- Lemon juice 3cl
- Butter 2g
- Lemon zest: 3g
- White wine: 5cl
- Himalayan rock salt: 5g
- Parsley: 10g
- Sarawak black pepper : 5g
- Local herbs (coriander, purple basil, mint, shiso): 5g
- Broad beans: 5 pieces