Poached smoked cheese ravioli
Poached smoked cheese ravioli, roasted almond flakes with thyme in light morel sauce
- Combine grated Scamorza, mascarpone, and ricotta in a bowl and mixed well to get a smooth stuffing. Seasoning with salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil.
- Place the mushrooms in the bowl with warm water. Gently stir.
- Soak for a few hours
- Give the mushroom a gentle shake in the water to free any remaining debris from the mushroom. Often morels grow in sandy areas so you want to get all that junk out of the crevices.
- Drain the water.
- Place the mushrooms on paper towels to dry.
- In a heavy saucepan cook morels (thinly sliced) in butter, shallots, thyme and garlic, stirring, over moderate heat until the shallot and garlic begin golden, about 3 minutes. Add morel water to pan and cook, for a few seconds. Stir in red wine and boil until reduced to about 1 cup, about 5 minutes. Add beef juice and chicken stock and reduce to about half. Seasoning with salt and pepper.
Smoked cheese ravioli:
- Roll out the Pasta dough in a sheeter, setting the thickness lower and lower – so as not to ruin the texture – until 1.5mm.
- Cut the dough with a 10cm diameter puncher.
- Place smoked cheese in the middle of each ravioli. Dip a small pastry brush in the egg whites and brush lightly around each dollop of cheese and wrap them into half moon shapes, making sure that there is some air inside each piece of ravioli.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place ravioli in boiling water. Reduce heat to medium. Allow the ravioli to cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until they float to the surface of the water. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in a colander to drain.
Butter thyme sauce:
- In a fried pan warm 10gr of butter with garlic, shallots and thyme.
- Deglaze the sauce with chicken stock and reduce until creamy.
Finish and preparation:
Sautéed the ravioli with butter thyme sauce for a few seconds.
In a rectangular dish, place a ribbon of morel sauce and 6 pieces of ravioli.
Finish with butter thyme sauce, roasted almond, extra virgin olive oil and Parmesan cheese on top.
- Ravioli (fresh pasta dough) 6pieces
- Smoked mozzarella (Scamorza ) 50gr
- Ricotta 20gr
- Mascarpone 15gr
- Salt, white pepper 6gr
- Extra virgin olive oil 5gr
- Beef juice 15gr
- Morel mushrooms 25gr
- Butter 15gr
- Red wine 5gr
- Morel water 3gr
- Almond flakes 8gr
- Thyme 1 piece
- Parmesan cheese 5gr