Delicious Italian Foie Gras
Stir with the ladle the yolks and the sugar until they become almost white, then add the wine. When ready to serve, place the bowl in another one containing hot water and beat until the sugar is melted and the egg begins to thicken.
- Peel and slice onions thinly.
- Heat butter. Add onions and ice suger and slowly cook over medium heat.
- Cook until onions are caramel colored, add vegetable stock, stirring often, 30 to 40 minutes.
- For more flavor, add a touch of balsamic vinegar at the end of cooking, stirring to deglaze the pan.
- Peel and quarter the potatoes.
- Add the potatoes to a large pot with enough cold water to cover them by an inch or so. Add salt and bring the water to a boil. Cook until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife (about 15 minutes)
- Drain the potatoes return them to the pot and cook the drained potatoes over low heat for a couple of minutes to evaporate some of the water still in the potato.
- Mash by potato ricer, add Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, white pepper and salt. Then into boil milk.
- Mix all ingredients until it gets creamy.
Blend asparagus with flour, dip it in egg whites, mix nuts and deep fry them in vegetable oil for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, garlic and shallot in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Sauté zucchini, carrot, Celery and morel mushroom in another 1 to 2 minutes.
Season with salt, pepper, thyme and White wine leave to cool.
Italian Foie gras:
Remove the gall, nerves and any bloody parts from the foie gras. Eliminate the thin parts at each end, as they would dry while cooking.
Season the foie gras and befin cooking it in a cold cast iron pot placed in a 200-degree oven. Brown on all sides and finish cooking it covered with a piece of aluminum foil.
Finish and presentation:
Present 1 quenelle each of caramelized onions and mashed potato in the plate.
Place ratatouille vegetable, then foie gras and asparagus on top. Finish with decoration of cocoa powder and micro herbs, morel mushrooms.
* Foie gras 4gr
* Asparagus 3 pieces
* Morel 3 pieces
* Ratatouille (lelery, carrot, zucchini) 10gr
* Zabayon 20gr
* Cocoa powder 2gr
* Thyme 5gr
* Micro herb 3gr
* White wine 5gr
* Yolk eggs 3pc
* Frescobaldi vendemmia tardiva pomino 100cl
* Icing sugar 10gr
* Caramecized onions
Caramelized onions :
* Onions 200gr
* Butter 50gr
* Custard sugar 10gr
* Balgamilo vinaigre 30cl
* Vegetable stock 300cl
* Extra virgin olive oil 15 gr
* Salt and black pepper 2 gr each
* Diced onion 10 gr
* Minced garlic 5 gr
* Finely chopped fresh thyme leaves 5 gr
* Zucchini, carrot, celery 10 each
* Morel mushroom 3 pieces
* New potatoes 1 kg
* Milk 250 gr
* Parmesan cheese 150 gr
* Salt, white pepper and nutmeg 10 gr each
* Extra virgin oil 25 gr
* Bay leaf 1 piece
* Chicken stock 50 gr
* Cleaned fresh asparagus 3 pieces
* Flour 25 gr
* Salt, black pepper, white pepper 5 gr each
* Egg white 2 pieces
* Vegetable oil 250 gr
* mix nuts 50 gr