Arborio Rice with Porcini Mushroom & Pan-Fried Foie Gras
This recipe is a traditional dish from northern Italy, which is a combination of Porcini mushrooms and creamy risotto.
- Melted the butter in a pan and place in shallot, garlic, bay leaf, arborio rice, sweat quickly then add white wine & chicken stock then cook slowly for 16 minutes.
- Put the dry mushrooms in warm water
- Sweat the rosemary in a pan with 5 gr of butter, then pour the demi-glace. Once it gets hot, sieve, and keep it warm
- Drain the dry mushrooms and cut if required. Sautéed with garlic and shallot.
- Heat up a fry pan, then pan-seared the foie gras quickly at high heat, to give a nice golden brown color, season it.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese & cold butter cut in small pieces, mix well with the rice
- Put the risotto in the plate, topped with the foie gras and wild mushrooms, add rosemary and parmesan chips, then pour the sauce around.
- Arborio rice: 80g
- Mixed dry wild mushrooms: 20g
- Butter: 30g
- Shallot: 5g
- Bay leaf: 1 piece
- Chicken stock: 250 ml
- Parmesan cheese: 15g
- Porcini water: 10g
- Rosemary: 3g
- Demi glace: 10g
- White pepper: 2g
- Truffle oil: 3 g
- Foie gras: 35g
- White wine: 20g
- Balsamico syrup 5gr
- Parmesan chips 1 piece